Sunday, November 1, 2009

Harvest/Halloween

It is such a fun season. Canning for the first time, going to the pumpkin patch, going to the straw maze, Halloween parties, and costumes.

Canned some salsa verde, green tomato rasberry jam, and red salsa. Also from our first garden we got to freeze tons of corn. I would have to say it was a successful year with our first time.

You can't go a year without going to the pumpkin patch even though you grow some of your own pumpkins.

The kid maze was a real hit with the boys!


Thanks Grandma Koyle for finding the costumes, the boys were so proud to show off their muscles.

We were known as "D&M Destroyers" David's Name tag read "Dangerous D" and I was "Maniac Mike" It was pretty fun except for the fact that David wanted to carry his bowling bag everywhere that day.

2 comments:

NaTasha said...

Wow! I am so jealous of your garden and especially all the canning you did. I've never heard of green tomato raspberry jam before, what's it like? It looks like you guys are having a blast! :)

Ran Ragged by Boys said...

The jam I had never heard of but my mother-in-law found it online because I had a ton of green tomatoes that needed used. It turned out really good, and you can't even tell it is made with tomatoes.