Saturday, March 13, 2010

Wrestle Mania!!

Thursday night in Declo, Ian had his very first wrestling tournament. It was so much fun to watch him wrestle and see him gain more confidence with each match. He came away from the tournament with a SILVER medal and boy is he proud of it. They had it set up that each kid (girl or boy) would have four matches. He had 3 wins and 1 loss but took it very well even though it was to a girl. She was a feisty one and before the match David told Ian that she was going to be pretty tough. It was funny cuz after the match was done he told David, "You were right dad, she was tough".
We are so proud of Ian for wrestling hard and doing the best he could. My hesitation at first has now turned into competitiveness and I find myself down on the edge of the mat cheering him on and moving my body in the way he needs to move his. What can I say...it's in my blood. This wrestling experience, I think, is going to be GREAT!!

2 comments:

koylefam said...

what a tough little guy you have!!! We sure enjoyed going to watch...

Jamie Ortega said...

I am the proudest Aunt ever!!! A silver medal for his first wrestling tournament! I love his wrestling pictures. He really looks like he know what he is doing.